The Exchange is always looking for a broad range of volunteers to help meet specific needs, some seasonal, including:
- Receivers of donated goods - the money raised at these locations support social services in the local area
- Assisted Living Volunteer in Bolton to do friendly visiting, light housekeeping and cooking for 3 hours per week.
- Alton, Bolton, Caledon East and Caledon Village: looking for Friendly Shoppers to assist for 3 hours once a week to go to clients' houses pick up their grocery lists and cash, do the shopping and deliver the items on the grocery list.
- Gardening in Bolton and Orangeville for a minimum of 2 hours per week, from starting seeds, planting, weeding and watering to harvesting.
- Drivers in Bolton, Caledon and Orangeville who will drive clients locally or to locations in the GTA; car mileage will be reimbursed at $0.44 /km.
- A cook is needed to lead groups in learning simple recipes. All age groups and abilities come in for cooking/baking classes in Bolton and Orangeville.
- A receptionist with an outgoing personality is needed to greet visitors, answer telephone calls, and provide administration support during regular business hours.
- Daily farm animal barn chores for goats, horses, sheep, chickens, ducks, pig etc. in the Highway 9 and Highway 50 area.
- Handy person to do light indoor and outdoor repairs such as woodworking, drywalling, painting etc.
- Clerical tasks using Excel and Word on Monday afternoons is needed in Orangeville.
- A Woodworker who is comfortable teaching basic projects to adults in a country setting
- Telephone check-in volunteers who can do daily calls or weekly chats with shut-ins to ensure their safety.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about any of these community service opportunities, please click here and let us know.