The Exchange Collaborative
The NRCC Village Women team is pleased to work with Caledon's The Exchange Collaborative to provide services to those in need in our community.
Click here for the most recent Exchange update.
The Exchange is always looking for a broad range of volunteers to help meet specific needs, some seasonal, including:
- Blood Donor Clinic supporters to serve snacks to donors and monitor them after they have given blood (3 hours every 2 months: Tuesdays 2-5pm and 5-8pm).
- Receivers of donated goods - the money raised at these locations support social services in the local area.
- Assisted Living Volunteer in Bolton to do friendly visiting, light housekeeping and cooking for 3 hours per week.
- Alton, Bolton, Caledon East and Caledon Village: looking for Friendly Shoppers to assist for 3 hours once a week to go to clients' houses pick up their grocery lists and cash, do the shopping and deliver the items on the grocery list.
- Gardening in Bolton and Orangeville for a minimum of 2 hours per week, from starting seeds, planting, weeding and watering to harvesting.
- Drivers in Bolton, Caledon and Orangeville who will drive clients locally or to locations in the GTA; car mileage will be reimbursed at $0.44 /km.
- A cook is needed to lead groups in learning simple recipes. All age groups and abilities come in for cooking/baking classes in Bolton and Orangeville.
- A receptionist with an outgoing personality is needed to greet visitors, answer telephone calls, and provide administration support during regular business hours.
- Daily farm animal barn chores for goats, horses, sheep, chickens, ducks, pig etc. in the Highway 9 and Highway 50 area.
- Handy person to do light indoor and outdoor repairs such as woodworking, drywalling, painting etc.
- Clerical tasks using Excel and Word on Monday afternoons is needed in Orangeville.
- A Woodworker who is comfortable teaching basic projects to adults in a country setting
- Telephone check-in volunteers who can do daily calls or weekly chats with shut-ins to ensure their safety.
If you are interested in volunteering or learning more about any of these community service opportunities, please click here and let us know.